Tempest uses the latest advances in aviation technology to continue to push forward with automation, reliability, and performance. They use the most advanced manufacturing processes and their innovative spark plug designs combined to create the "World's Best Aviation Spark Plugs"!
- High Conductivity Copper Core Center Electrode - Tempest spark plugs have a pure copper core that has been co-extruded inside a nickel alloy sleeve for better heat and electrical conductivity, Additionally, the nickel sleeve provides increased resistance to corrosive combustion gases. The end result is a highly resistant, longer-lasting inner tube that can withstand higher pressures and temperatures.
- Proprietary Glass Center Seal - The 21st century ‘fired in’ resistor is a more energy-efficient replacement for the multipart screw, spring, and carbon pile-up used by competitors. The new spark plug design improves resistance value instability which can cause misfires, wasted fuel, or engine roughness.
- High Alumina Ceramic Insulator - Tempest Plugs have high mechanical strength, superior dielectric properties, and a proprietary protective glaze to provide high-performance severe conditions. Also, the “Clean Collar” massive electrode “V” tip focuses heat to reduce fouling and enhance heat range control.
Nickel Finish - Environmentally preferable electrolytic nickel provides an outstanding durable finish, superior corrosion protection, and extreme wear resistance.
- Nickel Ground Electrodes - The aviation-grade nickel electrode design has been developed to provide the necessary spark for ignition while minimizing voltage requirements and maintaining specification gaps ensuring stable and large "flame kernels" for proper ignition and complete combustion.
- Vacuum Infused Center Electrode - Tempest's proprietary vacuum infusion process seals the electrode/insulator gap providing stable heat range and superior center electrode cooling (heat flow to the insulator).
- Hot-Lock Assembly - Intense pressure and heat create a positive, zero-leakage, shrunken seal between insulator and shell to contain the hot, high-pressure combustion cycle gases.
- Harness Wire Contact - Tempest's smooth, uninterrupted, oxide treated spring contact surface offers enhanced corrosion resistance, is chemically bonded to the fired-in resistor providing the ultimate harness/spark plug termination integrity and energy transfer.
- Part Number: UREM38S
- Reach 1/2"
- Connector Threads: 5/8" -24
- Electrode Design - Fine Wire
Not Sure Which Spark Plug is For Your Aircraft?