MOLYKOTE® 4 Electrical Insulating Compound
Previously Known as "Dow Corning DC-4 Electrical Insulating Compound "
Molykote - 4 Electrical Insulating Compound is a silicone-based compound with semi-flowable consistency that exhibits excellent dielectric strength and electrical insulating properties. NLGI Grade 2-3; translucent white; used primarily as a lubricant and moisture-proof seal for assembly of metal-on-polymer and metal-on-rubber combinations and sealed electrical connectors, disconnect junctions, and terminals.
A moisture-proof seal for transportation and industrial applications, including ignition systems, sealed electrical connectors, disconnect junctions, and terminals where a semi-flowable consistency material is appropriate—used as a seal and lubricant for cable connectors, battery terminals, rubber seals, switches, and rubber and plastic O-rings and as an assembly lubricant for various metal-on-plastic and metal-on-rubber combinations.
- Control cables
- Valves, packings, seals & O-rings
Features & benefits
- High dielectric strength and excellent electrical insulating properties
- Good adhesion to most dry materials, including metals, elastomers, polymers, and ceramics
- Semi-flowable rheology may allow compounds to enter complex geometries
- Good moisture resistance and water repellency
- Low volatility and evaporation
- Good oxidation stability
- Excellent low-temperature performance and broad temperature range (-54°C to 200°C)
- Certified to NSF 51 and 61, meets 21 CFR 175.30, Kosher Pareve, Halal
- The material tested to AMS8660 Tables 1-4, see Typical properties table
4 Electrical Insulating Used as a lubricant and seal for cable connectors, battery terminals, rubber seals, elastomer and polymer O-rings, and assembly of various metal on polymer and metal on rubber combinations. A moisture-proof seal for transportation and industrial applications, including ignition systems, sealed electrical connectors, disconnect junctions, and terminals where a semi-flowable consistency material is appropriate. Consider using MOLYKOTE® 111 Compound or MOLYKOTE® 5 Compound if higher consistency material is needed relating to electrical-based applications or MOLYKOTE® 112 High-Performance Lube/Sealant for critical mechanical based applications.
How to use
MOLYKOTE® 4 Electrical Compound can be applied by hand, brushing, or wiping onto the surface. Shear can impact the product rheology and cause an increase in flow characteristics, which can benefit some applications where material needs to flow into complex geometries. If the application is not tolerant to variation in rheology characteristics, mechanical means of sealing or isolating the material are recommended. Designed automation dispensing is possible but should be validated by customers before use due to high shear from pumps. Silicone compounds should not be used on surfaces that require painting or coating.
Other Part Numbers and UPC Codes:
- DC4-30Z, DC4-5-3OZ_EACH ,DC4-5-3OZ, DC4-5-30z, 1927574, 4 CMPD 150G TUBE, L450
- DC4-8LB, 1954016 , L48LB , 4 CMPD 3.6KG , DC4-8LB=02
- 077472130344 , 5413278220899
- MIL-I-8860, SAE AS 8660