The world’s leading brand of Wire Twister Tools and Kits, Milbar® Wire Twisters are designed for the professional mechanic. Milbar forgings are made from high carbon alloy steel and are controlled throughout the manufacturing process to exacting engineering specifications. Each tool passes a series of rigorous quality assurance tests which ensure function and reliability under the most demanding environment.
Spring return feature automatically retracts the twist rod to ease and speed the work.
Cushion throat available in 9”model: catches clipped wire ends; prevents FOD.
Right-hand twist (6”, 9”, 12”) or left-hand twist (9”, 12”).
Mini (6”) available in tapered or diagonal nose.
High carbon alloy steel forgings.
Milbar Safety Wire Pliers SAFETY WIRE INSTALLATION HIGHLIGHTS, DOUBLE TWIST METHOD: (AEROSPACE STANDARD AS567)
- The safety wire is installed so that, if the fastener has any tendency to loosen, it will cause the safety wire to tighten.
- The maximum span of safety wire (between tension points) shall be 6" (152 mm)
- The maximum length of safety wire to be used in a single application is 24" (609 mm)
- The number of twists per inch (1 twist = 1/2 complete turn) depends upon wire diameter: 0.020" to 0.025" dia., 8-14 twists; 0.032" to 0.041" dia., 6-11 twists; 0.051" to 0.060" dia., 4-9 twists.
- The wire which is looped around the outside of the fastener must always be routed UNDER the wire protruding from the hole (so that the loop will stay down and not cause slack). This often requires the direction of the wrap and twist of strands to REVERSE from run to run, or run to pigtail.
- Pigtail should be no more than 3/4" long and have a minimum of four (4) twists. Ends should be cut and bent toward fastener to prevent snags.