Royco 64 Moly Grease - 35 Lb
ROYCO 64 is a lithium-12 hydroxy stearate thickened grease formulated with micro-fine molybdenum disulfide and a thermally stable ester-based synthetic oil. Modem additives provide high load carrying, rust and oxidation protection, EP performance, and shear stability. Microfine particles of "Moly" adhere and penetrate metal surfaces, thereby providing lubrication and anti-seize protection even when the oil component is removed, or there is a possibility of inadequate lubrication due to mechanical spread out of the lubricant.
ROYCO® 64 Applications
ROYCO 64 is designed for sliding steel on steel surfaces and low to moderate speed antifriction bearings carrying high unit loads. ROYCO 64 is especially recommended for use in extremely low temperatures (-100F) and high temperatures up to 275°F.
- Meets California Clean Air Act VOC requirements
- Enhanced film strength to minimize wear
- Penetrates metal surfaces
- Aids in the removal of dirt and corrosion particles
- Forms a thin protective layer preventing future corrosion
- Wide operating temperature range
- Prevents rust and oxidation
- Additives provide high load carrying properties
- Excellent anti-seize protection
ROYCO® 64 COMPATIBILITY
ROYCO 64 should not be used in high-speed antifriction bearings without prior evaluation.
The persistence of the molybdenum disulfide and the high penetrating properties of the synthetic base oil make this material difficult to remove from surfaces. In addition, the synthetic oil in ROYCO 64 may soften natural rubber, neoprene, and some paints.
ROYCO® 64 Approvals
ROYCO 64 meets all requirements of MIL-SPEC: MIL-G-21164D.