PRC Desoto - Fuel Tank Sealant - PR-1776M Class B Low Weight - Pint
PR-1776M Class B is a low density, high temperature aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65-F (-54-C) to 250-F (121-C), with very limited excursions up to 360-F (182-C). This material is designed for fillet sealing of fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. It offers as much as a twenty percent weight savings, per unit volume, over traditional sealants used for these purposes. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to aircraft fuels both jet fuel and aviation gas, and will resist limited contact to diphosphate ester based hydraulic fluids.
PR-1776M Class B is a two-part, manganese dioxide cured Permapol- P-5 modified polysulfide. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula. It cures at room temperature to form a resilient sealant having excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates.
PR-1776M Class B is designed to be a direct replacement for PR-1776 Class B. The following tests are in accordance with AMS-3281 and
BMS 5-45 specification test methods.
- AMS 3281 - Type 1 Class B2
- AMS 3281 - Type 1, Class B-1/2
- AMS 3281 - Type 1, Class B-2
- BAMS 552-002 - Class B-1/2 - BOMBARDIER
- BAMS 552-002 - Class B-2 - BOMBARDIER
- BMS 5-45 - Class B-1/2 - BOEING
- BMS 5-45 - Class B-2 - BOEING
- CMNP095 - CESSNA AIRCRAFT COMPANY
- CMS-SL-104 - Type 1, Class B, Grade 1/2 - COMAC
- CMS-SL-104 - Type 1, Class B, Grade 2 - COMAC
- CPW 560 - PRATT & WHITNEY CANADA
- DHMS-S3.01 - TYPE II CLASS B-1/2 - DE HAVILLAND INC.
- DHMS-S3.01 - TYPE II CLASS B-2 - DE HAVILLAND INC.
- DMS 2427 - Class B-2 - BOEING LONG BEACH
- MM1080 - Class B-1/2, Type 1 - MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES
- MM1080 - Class B-2, Type 1 - MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES
- SMS116303 - Type 2 Class B2 - SPIRIT AEROSYSTEMS
- SMS116303 - Type II, Class B-1/2 - SPIRIT AEROSYSTEMS
- SMS116303 - Type II, Class B-2 - SPIRIT AEROSYSTEMS