Phillips 66 - Type M 20W-50 Multi-Grade Mineral Aircraft Oil, 55 Gallon Drum
- Easier starting and quicker oil circulation at low temperatures compared with single-grade oils.
- High film strength protects against wear and piston scuffing, even under high-load conditions, such as takeoff, and at elevated operating temperatures.
- Reduces cylinder glazing tendency during break-in, compared with single-grade oils.
Phillips 66® Type M Aviation Oil is an ashless, non-dispersant, multi-grade
engine oil is recommended for use in aircraft piston engines where the operator
prefers a mineral oil-based engine oil that does not contain dispersant additives.
It provides easier starting and quicker oil circulation at low temperatures
compared with single-grade mineral oils while maintaining high film strength at
high temperatures and under high loads for protection against wear and piston
Type M Aviation Oil is typically used as break-in oil for newly overhauled engines
where all-mineral type oils are recommended. The multi-grade formulation
helps reduce cylinder glazing tendency during break-in. Break-in normally is
accomplished in less than 25 hours of engine operation.
- Aircraft piston engines where the operator prefers a non-dispersant engine oil.
- “Break-in” oil for newly overhauled aircraft engines.
Type M Aviation Oil meets the requirements of:
- SAE Standard J1966
- U.S. Military Specification MIL-L-6082 (obsolete)
- QPL approval number: N06L1-20W-50 (Type M)