VDC Electronics now has available a Plug 'n Run Aviation Specific versions of its 12-V Maintenance Charger - De-Sulfator - Conditioners. Designated as the 12-V model 12248-AA-S2 (Aviation Specific), it is similar to model 12248-AA-S1 except for its Plug ‘n Run feature, eliminating the need to set neither the output current nor battery type, before operating. This feature is of particular importance if any person, unfamiliar with the setting requirements, is involved in maintaining the battery.
The model include full-time pulsed de-sulfation circuitry designed to safely dissolve sulfation build-up on the battery's storage plates, restoring lost cranking power and extending life. Our de-sulfation method is fully automatic, does not use potentially damaging high voltage and is exclusively protected by two U.S. patents.
- For all size and type 12-Volt aviation batteries including sealed AGM-maintenance-free and filler cap maintenance type
- Instant alternator condition at the push of a button.
- Guaranteed never to over-charge, regardless of time or temperature (32°F - 125°F) with correct battery type setting and ABS-248 temperature sensors correctly installed on either battery terminal connection
- Auto-restart after power failure
- Safely charges up to 200% faster than conventional chargers
- Maintains from 1 - 6 batteries at a time (parallel connected)
- Automatically dissolves power-robbing sulfation using safe low voltage pulse technology (U.S. Patented)
- Microprocessor controlled pulsed output ensures 100% full charge
- Temperature compensation extends battery life by more than 200 Cycles (full charge-discharge cycles) with ABS temperature sensor1
- High efficiency design = low monthly operating cost of less than 50¢2
- Weather-proof enclosure
- 12 volt PowerPlug (fused) allows charger to be easily connected to battery via input 12 v power receptacle
- 1 year 100% money-back guarantee + five (5) year "no hassle" warranty3
- Size/Weight: 5-1/2" L x 5-1/2" W x 2 1/4" H / 3.0 lbs.