Private Pilot Virtual Test Prep®–An Aviation Ground School uses 3D and animated graphics, special effects, air-to-air video, experienced flight instructors and subject experts, with real-world tips from the classroom, in the airplane, and at the airport for a comprehensive aviation ground school. You will be placed in the pilot seat, as well as see the FAA and air traffic controller’s perspective — so you walk away with a comprehensive understanding of the VFR environment. You will be prepared for the FAA Knowledge Exam, not by rote memorization, but with a true understanding and application of the knowledge needed for the test, making you a better and safer pilot.
This course meets 14 CFR Part 61 home study requirements and utilizes real-world in-flight video to provide focused and exciting learning. It includes Private Pilot Prepware, 24-month subscription to Prepware Online and both widescreen DVDs and high-definition Blu-Ray discs so you can enjoy the videos on whatever player you have.
Watch the videos to learn the subjects, then use the included ASA Prepware software to work through the questions for a comprehensive aviation ground school. Graduation certificate and instructor endorsement (sign-off) available from ASA for no additional cost upon completion of the course.
Updated material includes information on BasicMed, Graphical Forecast for Aviation (GFA), significant weather prognostic chart, ADS-B In and ADS-B Out, and discontinued services including Flight Watch, HIWAS, DUATS, and World Aeronautical Charts (WAC).
Course contents: Introduction, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Systems, Flight Instruments, Regulations, Procedures & Airport Operations, Weather, Weather Services, Aircraft Performance, Enroute Flight, Navigation, Communication Procedures, and Test Tips. Nearly 11 hours of high quality widescreen standard definition and Blu-ray high definition ground school video presentation with interactive menus for scene/subject selection!
(See User's Guide for specific subjects covered in each lesson.)
Copyright © 2020 Stenbock Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved.
- Part Number ASAVTPPVT5
- ISBN 9781619549975
- Author Stenbock Enterprises, LLC
- Version 5
- Includes Blu-Ray discs, DVD discs and Prepware activation code
- Weight 1.00 lbs
- Runtime 10 hours 44 minutes
- System Requirements
- For Blu-ray discs—
- Television or computer Blu-ray player. Compatible with both PC and Macintosh Blu-ray systems.
- For DVDs—
- Widescreen DVD discs: Television or computer DVD player. Compatible with both PC and Macintosh DVD systems.
- For Prepware——
- Does not install to mobile devices like an iPad or Android tablet.
- Windows and Macintosh compatible. DVD drive, PDF file reader and Internet access is required for registration as well as program and test question updates. Once the program is installed and updated, internet is not required to run the program.
- Windows computers with 7, 8/8.1 and 10 are supported. Installation of the software will require 335 MB of hard drive space.
- Macintosh computers with OS X 10.9 or newer are supported. Installation of the software will require 346 MB of hard drive space.
- ISBN 978-1-61954-997-5