Aeroshell - Turbine Oil 560, MIL-PRF-23699F, Quart | 550042550_EACH
AeroShell Turbine Oil 560 is a third generation, high performance, low coking 5 mm2
/s synthetic hindered ester oil incorporating a carefully selected and finely balanced
combination of additives to improve thermal and oxidation stability.
Changes which have taken place over the last twenty years in engine performance (in
terms of improved fuel consumption, higher operating temperatures and pressures) and
maintenance practices have resulted in increased severity in lubricant operating conditions.
AeroShell Turbine Oil 560 was developed to withstand the hostile environments of today's
high powered, high compression engines in which the older generation of oils can be
stressed up to and beyond their thermal limits, as evidenced by oil coking in the high
temperature bearing areas.
By overcoming the problems associated with using old technology oils in new technology
engines, AeroShell Turbine Oil 560:
- maintains a cleaner engine
- provides improved load carrying capacity
- reduces maintenance costs
- prolongs bearing life in both new and existing engines.
In order for military authorities to take advantage of this better performance in military
engines the specification MIL-PRF-23699 was re-written to include a "High Thermal Stability"
(HTS) grade as well as the Standard (STD) and Corrosion Inhibited (C/I) grades. AeroShell
Turbine Oil 560 is fully approved as an HTS oil. With the advent of the new civil turbine
oil specification, SAE AS5780, which has more stringent requirements than the military
specification, AeroShell Turbine Oil 560 was approved as a SPC (Standard Performance
With effect from January 1st 2002, AeroShell Turbine Oil 560 has been manufactured with
an improved formulation to further enhance its anti-coking performance.
AeroShell Turbine Oil 560 contains a synthetic ester oil and should not be used in contact
with incompatible seal materials and it also affects some paints and plastics. Refer to the
General Notes at the front of this section for further information.
- U.S. Approved MIL-PRF-23699G Grade HTS
- Approved SAE AS5780B Grade SPC
- British Equivalent DEF STAN 91-101
- French Equivalent DCSEA 299/A
- Russian Analogue to VNII NP 50-1-4F, B3V, LZ-240,
- VNII NP 50-1-4U and 36/Ku-A
- NATO Code O-154
- Joint Service Designation Equivalent OX-27
- Pratt & Whitney Approved 521C Type II
- General Electric Approved D-50 TF 1
- Allison Approved EMS-53 (Obsolete)