Pilot Communications USA's top-of-the-line Aviation Headset in ANR performance is designed for the quality-conscious consumer. The PA-1779T takes full advantage of closer tolerance military components providing an additional 18-22dB of active noise cancellation at 100 Hz. The headset is the only self-contained ANR in the industry with a rechargeable nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) battery and a standard 110V wall charger (230V European wall charger available by request). It is also the only headset in both USA (International Space Station- panel mounted version) and Russian (MIR-rechargeable battery version) space programs. No other ANR Headset manufacturer can say that!
For added comfort, the headset is fitted with a sheepskin fleece head pad and Pilot USA's proprietary silicone gel ear seals (30% less weight than typical gel ear seals). A padded protective case is included. The PA-1779T Aviation Headset comes equipped with our new Auto On/Auto Shut-Off proprietary circuitry. The ANR will shut off automatically when the unit is unplugged from the aircraft, or the avionics master switch is turned off. This will conserve your battery charge life, enabling more prolonged use between charges. The headset will automatically turn on when plugged in, and the radio is turned on.
The headset is cell/satellite phone capable and has a “true stereo” input jack so that the user can listen to music from a CD player, IPOD®, MP3® or external radio. The cell phone system is designed to work with either newer “Smartphones” that use a 3.5mm (4 conductors) input or older phones with a 2.5mm input.
Info about the different versions:
- The PA-1779T is the standard GA version (dual plug) of the headset that uses an internal rechargeable battery to power the ANR.
- The PA-1779TP is a panel-mounted version (no internal battery) with the GA dual plugs but an extra 3.5mm plug to get power from the aircraft. This model comes with a 3.5mm input jack to be installed into your plane and a spare battery box to use the headset by 9V battery power; if you use the headset somewhere panel power is not available.
- The PA-1779TB is also a panel-mounted version, but it uses the six pin male Lemo connector for mic, audio, and power from the aircraft. The 6 pin female connector (not provided) must be installed in your aircraft to utilize this version.
- The PA-1779TP and PA-1779TB are about 3 ounces lighter in weight than the standard PA-1779T because there is no internal battery in the headset.
- Passive NRR 25dB
- Active Noise Reduction Additional 20-22dB @ 100Hz
- Microphone Type Noise Canceling Electret (Amplified)
- Speaker Impedance 300 ohm
- Cord Type 5 Foot Straight
- Plug Type .25'' Audio Plug and .206'' Mic Plug
- Boom-Type DNC/XL Style
- Color Black
- Product Weight 16.9 ounces (479 grams)
- Shipping Weight 3.500
- Warranty 5 Years