Delta's are on Allocation from Lightspeed, and Lead Times May Vary
Delta Zulu is built for your mission with safety, control, and comfort. Their newest headset includes Lightspeed’s best ANR to date, with the superior comfort and durability you expect from a Zulu. It also introduces groundbreaking new technologies that could save the lives of pilots and passengers.
- Lightspeed’s designers and engineers collaborated with highly qualified flight and safety experts to develop a revolutionary digital platform and groundbreaking new technologies to make flying safer.
- Kanari™, an innovative CO sensor alert technology built right into the headset, protects by measuring cabin carbon monoxide levels, helping to keep you and your passengers alert and safe with audible warnings.
- Lightspeed's free App allows you to also check the CO sensor data visually during flight and review your entire history later.
- Delta Zulu introduces a built-in audio equalization system called HearingEQity™ that ensures clear flight communication. Through an automated 12-frequency hearing test that can be taken through the Lightspeed app, HearingEQity sets the hearing level in each ear of your headset to create your hearing profile and compensates for any hearing variations between ears.
- The Lightspeed App allows you to record radio conversations, playback transmissions, draw diagrams, and archive flight recordings for post-flight briefing and training.
- Delta Zulu is the first headset to adopt the UAC plug, allowing you to connect to other devices directly from the headset for charging, data communications, and auxiliary audio.
- The legendary Zulu comfort and durability continues in the Delta Zulu. Performance ear seals, optional taller head pads for a variable fit, sturdy cables built around a Kevlar core, full Bluetooth integration, and an industry-best 7-year warranty are still standard in Lightspeed's newest model.
Features - A Revolutionary New Digital Platform
Integrating a wide array of new and existing technologies into a new and entirely digital platform, Delta Zulu is part of a new generation of ANR headset capabilities. These integrated technologies include:
- Built-in carbon monoxide sensor - Always on and continually monitoring cabin carbon monoxide, the new CO sensor is optimally calibrated to provide audible and visual warnings at specific pre-defined CO levels.
- HearingEQity for custom sound - Based on results from a 12-frequency hearing test in the new Lightspeed app, HearingEQity automatically adjusts Delta Zulu to optimize every ATC call and conversation specifically for your hearing profile. Individualized profiles can be saved, and different headset users can switch profiles.
- Changeable battery packs - Easy-to-replace battery packs give you the option of using rechargeable lithium-ion batteries or AA batteries.
The Lightspeed App - allows you to check sensor data visually during flight, supplying you with instantaneous readouts and historical data. Review safety metrics from prior flights, record conversations, playback transmissions, draw diagrams, and archive flight recordings onto your phone or mobile device for post-flight briefing and training.
Bluetooth® - Bluetooth wireless technology with A2DP technology enables cell phone communications and stereo music streaming.
- Low-profile comfort - Weighing just 14.9 ounces (including ear seals, head pad, and mic boom), Delta Zulu has a low-profile, stainless-steel headband that follows the curve of the head for a more comfortable distribution of weight and side pressure.
- High-performance fit - Delta Zulu’s tapered performance ear seals are designed to hug the curve of the jaw for a natural fit, increasing comfort and clarity while also providing a better seal around eyeglass or sunglass frames. Cup cavities allow the entire ear to fit comfortably inside. We also offer taller head pads for a variable fit at no extra charge to ensure maximum comfort and performance.
- UAC plug - Delta Zulu is the first headset to adopt the UAC plug, allowing you to connect to other devices directly from the headset for the two-way direction of charging, audio, and data transmissions. Delta Zulu has options for four cable configurations, from UAC to USB-A, USB-C, 3.5 mm, and Lightning plugs.
- Included accessories - Carrying case, single port wall charger, lithium-ion battery cartridge, AA battery cartridge, UAC to USB-A cable, a cord shirt clip, and a set of personalized icon chips to distinguish multiple Delta Zulu headsets.
- Available configurations - Dual GA, LEMO panel power, U-174. Others are available by special order. Please contact Customer Support if your configuration is not listed.
- Other Standard Features - As with all Lightspeed ANR headsets, our models come with a promise of durability and longevity, superior quiet, clear comms, 60day money-back guarantee, ComPriority™, and Auto Shutoff™. The family of Zulu products also comes with a 7-year limited warranty.
- Weight: 14.9 oz (including ear seals and mic boom)
- Battery power supply: two AA alkaline or rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- Headset Plug Type: Dual GA, LEMO panel power, U-174 Panel aircraft 8-40 VDC
- Transducer: 40mm moving coil
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Nominal impedance @ 1 kHz:
- OFF—Mono: 275 ohms, ON—Mono: 295 ohms
- OFF—Stereo: 575 ohms, ON—Stereo: 590 ohms
- Transducer principle: Noise-canceling electret
- Frequency response: 200 Hz-6000 Hz
- Maximum SPL: 114 dB
- Terminating impedance: 220–2200 ohms
- Operating voltage: 8V-16V DC
- Bluetooth Enabled Phone
- Bluetooth Streaming Music