A flight and ground training course for the Private Pilot certificate, this syllabus meets all FAA Part 141 and 61 requirements. Flight lessons are presented side-by-side with coordinating ground lessons. Stage Exams included. Fourth Edition now includes a Basic ATD Syllabus in the Appendix.
The syllabus offers the most integrated, comprehensive, and simple flight and ground training program available along with many features:
- Based on The Pilot's Manual Series. Schools, instructors, or students can choose to supplement the program with other text, videos, etc. This allows freedom to teach or learn the material in the most effective way — on an individual basis.
- All Part 141 requirements have been met in a logical and user-friendly manner, yet the course is equally effective for Part 61 operations and freelance instructors.
- Flight lessons are presented side-by-side with their coordinating ground lessons. This integrated approach provides the most efficient path to completion, and is easier to follow than separate ground and flight training programs.
- Flexible enough to be effective for all programs. Includes "Optional Reviews" in each stage, allowing the student to review material when necessary, yet still follow the syllabus and maintain progress.
- Includes instructor endorsements, stage exams, airman certificate rating application, and checkride checklist.
Lesson plans available for The Pilot's Manual Series: Private Pilot Syllabus, Instrument Rating Syllabus, Commercial Pilot Syllabus.